* Keith Finlay told how they had bought their smallholding of 9 acres at Rowborough 20 years ago and are now able to feed an extended family of around 12 people for most of the year from their produce. he said that other local land owners had recently offered him land to farm and he was now looking afer an extra 6 acres along the Fosse.
* Graham Collier explained how he had the idea of a community orchard in the Tysoe area, put an advert in the local magazine and had now formed a nucleus of interested people. They are putting in for funding.
* James Pavitt from Transition Stratford told how the transition food group there had taken over allotments in a large urban garden in Stratford and how the first year had been a resounding success.
* Liz Atkinson asked for any information about existing local food production to be entered into the Local Food Directory that she and some friends are compiling.
The Open Space then formed into discussion groups based around:
- local meat and fish production
- finding land
The discussions resulted in many ideas for future projects which are to be discussed further at the food group meeting in the Black Horse pub at 7.30 on Tuesday 21st September. Anyone who is interested in local food issues and activities welcome.